Please read all materials and scroll to the bottom of the page to download the required zip file.
The zip file below contains an installer and user documentation (pdf) for the new Allen Face Download Manager application. This application is intended to replace the original Excel based application that is currently being used in the field. Below we describe, in brief, the new features, system requirements and disclaimers.
- This new Allen Face Download Manager will auto detect and recognize any correctly attached D and/or F meters. Both Metric and Imperial D and F meters are supported.
- Meter data is now presented inside the user interface after a meter download has completed.
- The user may now elect to output data to an excel spreadsheet to archive the meter’s data.
- 2 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB of RAM (32-bit) / 3 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 2 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Internet access
- .NET Framework 3.5 sp1
- Excel 2000 or above, only if you want to view the excel based output
NOTICE TO USER: This is a contract between you and Allen Face, Inc (“Licensor”). By downloading and/or installing the Allen Face Download Manager software (“The Software”), you accept all the terms and conditions of this End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) for The Software. Be sure to carefully read and understand all of the rights and restrictions described in this EULA. Once you have finished reviewing this document you may elect to download and install The Software. You should not download or install The Software until you accept the terms of this EULA. By downloading or installing The Software you signify that you accept the terms of this EULA.
DISCLAIMER: The Software and related Information has been prepared by the Licensor and care has been taken in its creation. However, the Software and related Information are intended to be used as a process for obtaining data from the Allen Face Meter device. The Software is not a substitute for your own judgment, and it is your responsibility to check that the data downloaded, using The Software, is fit for your purpose, fulfills the functions you require and is appropriate for your needs.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
1. DEFINITIONS. In this EULA:
- The Software means all Software Products manufactured by the Licensor used to extract data from the Meter device.
- Computer means a PC, workstation, desktop, terminal, handheld PC or other digital electronic device.
- EULA means this End User License Agreement.
- Evaluation Software means any software produced and made available free of charge by Licensor for the purpose of assessing the suitability of the Software Products (or any of them), whether or not labeled or designated “evaluation software” by the Licensor.
- Information means any user manual and all other documentation and information (including by way of an online help system) supplied or made available to you by the Licensor relating to the Software Products, intended to assist you with the implementation and use of the Software Products.
- Install and Installed means the installation of the Software to each Computer by execution of the setup program in respect of the Software.
- Licensee and you means the individual who has accepted the terms of this EULA or the Organization on behalf of which the terms of this EULA have been accepted.
- Licensor means Allen Face, Inc.
- Organization means a legal person or entity other than an individual (and includes, without limitation, a company or other corporate body and a government department or agency). Where a business unit or division of an Organization is specified or referred to as the Licensee, all other business units or divisions of the Organization will be excluded from this definition for the purposes of this EULA.
- Software Products means The Allen Face Download Manager software.
- SKU means a Software Product code.
- Software means The Allen Face Download Manager software.
2. SOFTWARE LICENSE. The Software Products are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software Products are licensed by the Licensor, not sold.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Applications Software. You may Install, use, access and display, one copy of the Software on a single Computer. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer.
- Reservation of Rights. All rights in respect of the Software Products not expressly granted under this EULA are reserved by the Licensor.
- Transfer of license. You may not sell, transfer, sublicense, rent, loan, lease or otherwise part with possession of any of the Software Products to any third party.
- Storage/Network Use. You may also store a copy of the Software Product on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to Install the Software Product on your other Computers over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate Computer on which the Software Product is Installed or used from the storage device. A license for the Software Product may not be shared or used concurrently on different Computers.
3. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Evaluation Software. If the Product is labeled “Evaluation”, then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, your use of the Product is limited to use for demonstration, test, or evaluation purposes and you may not resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the Product.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Recompilation and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, recompile or disassemble the Product by any means whatsoever.
- Separation of Components. The Product is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one Computer.
- Support Agreement. The Licensor may provide you with Product Support (“Support Agreement”). Use of Support Services is governed by the terms of the Licensor’s Support Agreement. With respect to technical information you provide to Licensor as part of the Support Agreement, the Licensor may use such information for its business purposes, including for Product support and development. The Licensor will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
- Termination. This EULA will terminate immediately without notice and without prejudice to the remaining legal rights of the Licensor if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this EULA. Upon termination or non-use of the Product, the Licensor will be entitled to demand that you immediately delete the installed set up program from your computer and destroy any back-up or other copies of the Product or parts thereof and return the Product to the Licensor.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The Software in this end user license agreement is the intellectual property of the Licensor and is protected by United States copyright and patent law, international treaty provisions and applicable laws of the country in which it is being used. You agree to protect all copyright and other ownership interests of the Licensor in all Software Products supplied under this EULA. The Licensor retains title and ownership of all Software Products, the media on which they are recorded, and all subsequent copies, regardless of the form or media in or on which the original and other copies may exist. Except as stated above, this EULA does not grant you any rights to patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or any other rights in respect to the Software Products.
5. UPGRADES. If the Software is labeled as a service release, you must be properly licensed to use a SKU identified by the Licensor as being eligible for the upgrade in order to use the Software. Software labeled as a service release replaces the Software Product that formed the basis for your eligibility for the upgrade.
6. DUAL-MEDIA SOFTWARE. You may receive the Software Product in more than one medium. Regardless of the type or size of medium you receive, you may use only one medium that is appropriate for your single Computer. You may not Install the other medium on another Computer. You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the other medium to another user.
7. BACKUP COPY. After Installation of one copy of the Software Product pursuant to this EULA, you may keep the original media on which the Software Product was provided by the Licensor solely for backup or archival purposes. If the original media is required to use the Software Product on the Computer, you may make one copy of the Software Product solely for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly provided in this EULA, you may not otherwise make copies of the Software Product or the printed materials accompanying the Software Product.
8. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. Your attention is drawn to the Disclaimer set out at the beginning of this EULA. You acknowledge that you have read and accept the Disclaimer and that it forms part of this EULA. No warranty or representation is made in respect of the Software Products or the Information and all warranties and representations (including those implied by law and whether statutory or otherwise) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event that the Licensor is found to be liable to you for breach of this EULA despite this exclusion, the Licensor’s liability in respect of such breach will be limited to the amount paid by you for the Software Products in respect of which liability arises. In no event will the Licensor be liable to you for any consequential, incidental or special damages including damages for any lost profits, lost savings, loss of data, costs, fees or expenses of any kind or nature arising out of any provision of this EULA or the use or inability to use the Software Products. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, and if this is the case, this clause will operate to the fullest extent permissible in such jurisdiction but not otherwise. Nothing contained in this EULA shall prejudice the statutory rights of any Licensee who is a consumer (except to the extent those rights can be contracted out of).
9. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. You agree to use the Software Products in compliance with all local laws and regulations and you agree to comply with any applicable export restriction regulations.
- The English language version of this EULA prevails over any other language version.
- Failure or delay by the Licensor in enforcing any right or provision of this EULA is not deemed to be a waiver of such provision or right with respect to any breach.
- This EULA is governed by the laws of The United States of America and the Licensor and Licensee submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of The United States of America.
Allen Face Download Manager ZIP File:
Click on the link below. You will be asked to save the file to a location on your PC. Save the zip file to a location on your PC. Once the download of the zip file is complete navigate to where the zip file was downloaded and extract the zip file contents. From the extracted folder do the following:
- Review the user documentation (pdf)
- Install the Allen Face Download Manager Software using the installer file (msi)